The Dangers of Mold
Mold is very common in homes because every building has somewhere with the perfect environment for mold growth: damp and dark. Mold typically grows in places with a lot of moisture, such as around leaks or where there has been flooding, and can grow on most surfaces. Moisture is also an indication of other problems with your home and can lead to greater damage. Remedying mold situations is the best course of action for both your home and your health.
There are a lot of types of mold out there and only a few of them are dangerous for humans. Most kinds of mildew, for example, are not as toxic as black mold. Some people are more sensitive to mold than others, however, as molds produce allergens, irritants, and mycotoxins. Touching or inhaling mold and mold spores can cause allergic reactions including, but not limited to:
Irritation of the eyes, nose, throat, and lungs
While toxic molds are rarely connected with serious medical conditions, mold is still something you want to test for and fix right away. Guardian Environmental is here to help keep you safe from allergens, toxins, and other contaminants.